Sunday 5 February 2017

Different, But the Same


 When I was younger,  I always wanted to be different.

I'm not entirely sure how I got it into my head that being different was better, infinitely more interesting than being another person in the crowd. 

It was a blessing that got me through my teenage years without too much angst about being bullied for how I looked, or being looked at for how I spoke - I was relatively comfortable in my skin and I found friends who appreciated that individuality as much I did.

"They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same."

Now we're older, I find that one doesn't have to fight to stand out or to be too different, and that there are times where you should reach out and find the similarities within.

Now we're older and wiser, let's all find ways to laugh together instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment