Wednesday 4 August 2010

Entanglement

You think I write about you, and you think I write about myself.

You're wrong on so many levels, but there's no one to fault for that.

I write for myself, for those moments that strike me in the middle of the night, for the stories that are patiently waiting to get out of my head. The only resemblance to reality is somehow tied to those everyday experiences I experience in my life, but that is the nature of writers, for no one can truly write without making it personal, without leaving some indelible print of yourself on the marks of their words.

Like Jim Jarsmuch said, "Nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination. Devour old films, new films, music, books, paintings, photographs, poems, dreams, random conversations, architecture, bridges, street signs, trees, clouds, bodies of water, light and shadows. Select only things to steal from that speak directly to your soul. If you do this, your work (and theft) will be authentic. Authenticity is invaluable, originality is non-existent. And don't bother concealing your thievery - celebrate it if you feel like it. In any case, always remember what Jean-Luc Godard said, "It's not where you take things from - it's where you take them to.""

A quote within a quote.

Take that!

In any case, my life stories are penned safely somewhere else, locked away in the private blog of mine, accessible only to a select few friends. Some days I read back on the things I have written and marvel and the things I have gone through. Sometimes it feels like I was this whole other character, this shadowy unformed creature a whole less real than the characters in my stories, unfamiliar in the twists and turns she chose to make of her life.

You wonder about the melancholy, but there are happy moments where I happen to recall a darker time, and there are dark times when I seek to reach out to happier memories.

Thank you for your concern , but my privacy is important, and for the moment, I seek to hide myself behind shadows and light, and it is your choice to pick and choose between the lines, to attempt to fish out the truth behind the fiction - if there was any truth at all.

If it makes you happy, then it makes me happy.

3 comments:

  1. you know Aida i use to write stories with some personal tint tainted on some lines but ever since my blog's now being visited by my family, and some people who dictate what i should put on --- that fire ebbed. I haven't started a very personal blog yet. Maybe I will...but for now, I'm burying it in my noggin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a private blog, too. For which only I have the password.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *LOL* aida you so funny and confused yet it is entertaining post.

    some people born losers and led a miserable lifestyle by being paranoid .as in "Glee"- What Ever Losers!

    The best revenge is be happy ! Surround yourself with pretty and positive people that your life would be a rainbow ! *winks*

    ReplyDelete