Sunday 22 August 2010

Darkness


There are these moments when I am in darkness as you are, and it feels like there is nothing but blackness in between. There are these moments when the darkness is like consumption, and with each hacking cough I am reminded that those harsh truths I can never run away from, like sticky black strands that wind around our vocal chords and our hearts and blind us to the truths that lie between us, and stop us from uttering the words that are important to us. 

Sometimes I think I will never escape this darkness. that I will run forever to escape those greedy clutches of the desperate, that I will never understand those elements, that I will never be one of those truly enlightened. 

And sometimes I feel that maybe, just maybe, that I am that darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment