Friday 28 September 2007

The Recap

Writing is something that has always played a big part in my life. It is a catharsis of sorts, an outlet I have always used for many years in my life.

Like many, I kept diaries, and stopped in my teenage years only because my mother did not see eye to eye with me on the definition of privacy. However, it was always something I came back to.

I started blogging two years ago, and in a moment of nostalgia, I re-read my old posts. There is a progression in the way I chose to write. It started with my almost, diary-like recap of daily events, with the smattering of names of friends and places, an account of my daily dos and slowly progressed to a more abstract way of words. Names were no longer mentioned, places dropped, events obscured.

I cannot tell when the transition took place. Perhaps when I realised that the Internet is not the safest place, and the odds of someone I knew connecting to an event I had written about became much too high.

This blog is my diary.

The chronicles of my love life, from the first blush of love and heartbreak, into the forays of the realms of love and infatuation. The backlash from decisions made and learning to deal with these strange new emotions. An initial transition from friendship to something more. Of dating, of the first break-up and again, dealing with all those emotions.

And then there was him. A seemingly innocuous event, but who knew that he would be the man I chose to spend the rest of my life with? The initial confusion, but and the questions that followed, slowly cemented into realisation.

Then there are my thoughts.

A mixture of fact and fiction, inspired, conspired, written with emotions riding high, triggered by events encountered. Sometimes my fiction triggers a raw emotional response that even I am not expecting.

It is these times when I realize, if I could not write, my life would not be as it is.

10 comments:

  1. oooh, i can relate to EVERY word of this entry, heeee =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i've always enjoyed reading your work. whatever the flavour. and through circumstances beyond my control, i lost track, until you found me again: and here i am.

    thanks for the blog footprint. here's me returning the sentiment in full swing.

    keep up the litrary foray - even if it is just me peeking into your diary, i enjy every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for someone who is still young,wonder how can you be so sure that he's the one whom you will want to spend the rest of your life with..kinda terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, everyone has an opinion.

    One man's meat is another man's poison and the like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hear, hear. though i hate re-reading my old posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. khutu, probly you might have misinterpreted by my comments.I was trying to imply that it is great that you are found that someone..but it still gives you that uncertain adrenalin rush as the risks are always there. But then again, if you have no qualms about making that decision.So there.

    Aida, I'm glad that you have found your one at that age of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah.. u now just how to say it :) u just need some time for a revisit.. yeah. kinda terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. agreed!

    sometimes we just have to take a step back to reflect on everything. don't tell me u went thru all ur old posts!

    ReplyDelete