Monday 25 November 2013

How Strangers Became Friends.. In Ten Minutes

A friend of mine recalled how on the first day of school I walked up to her and introduced myself... And then proceeded to ask if we could be friends.

Ah the innocence of childhood. What an incorrigible child I must have been! How long has it been really, since it was that easy to be wrapped in the sort of confidence that anyone and everyone could immediately become friends instantly. 

I've been lucky to have the friends I have and am so thankful to have always had the opportunity to meet people along the way who have been wonderful to have conversations with, and once upon a time, I loved talking to people and hearing their views on the world. It was all new and wonderful, and gave me insight into lives and stories that I otherwise would have not known.

This video made me smile - it made me think of a more innocent time, when I was able to go up to a complete stranger and say, "Hi, my name is Aida. Do you want to be my friend?"


No comments:

Post a Comment