Tuesday 13 July 2010

What I Miss

I miss you because you've changed.
I miss you in these moments of the night.
I miss those times together, uncaring and free.
I miss your smile and your laughter.
I miss you even when you're here beside me.
I miss you because you're so far away.

There is always a part of me that will grieve for the possibilities that did not happen. It is not often, because one cannot always live in nostalgia, but there is a time and place for everything, and sometimes I want it all, when I cannot.

There will always be a part of me that will wonder if you could have been different, if I could have been different, if we could have been different - if things had been done differently and said differently.

Imagination is full of alternate realities and in these moments of wistfulness, I miss what could have been.

3 comments:

  1. We could have been a lot of things, if we put our minds too it, couldn't we?

    Sometimes, that bittersweet realization is all we can hope for. But it's all right, because we still find that we turned out all right, all things considered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing and wishing is nothing but another words for Ego. No one is perfect but ...

    Without action, words are cheap ! If we want something so bad we have to fight for it. Is it worth it ?

    If we want to pass an exam we have to study right ? If we make a mistakes we have to apologize right ?

    Life is all about making mistakes and learning not to
    repeat it all over again and again.

    Trust me aida , miracles happen to those who believe . Have faith ok !

    ReplyDelete