Monday 7 December 2009

The Picture That Made Me Laugh



Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words.

My boyfriend's brother put up baby pictures of him on Facebook, and as I flipped through the photos, I couldn't stop laughing at one in particular.

This photo is exactly the reason why I fell in love with him in the first place.

The side of him which is a little bit crazy, a little bit zany but oh so cute in ways you cannot begin to imagine, a part that he only shows every once in awhile, but makes me laugh so hard that I can't seem to stop. It's that part of him beneath the serious exterior that he wears all the time now, the part that makes my heart melt again, and again, and again. No one makes me laugh like he does.

It makes me feel like I can be myself with him, in all my unabashed, dorky glory.

It's strange - looking at the photo, he seems so familiar, as if he's someone I've known all my life, and I can imagine him looking exactly the way he does in this photo when he's fifty, albeit a lot more wrinkly.

I hope I can watch your wrinkles deepen with age. I hope my life will be filled with laughter - mine, yours, and the others around us. I hope we will never forget that lightheartedness that we all had as innocent children.

For the meantime, thank you for making me laugh. :)

1 comment: