Miss Aida
People grow apart.

I know we did.

I don’t know what happened.

Or perhaps I do.

My inbox is full from emails of the past, for we used to write to each other all the time. I read them yesterday, and smiled at our naiveté, at our idealism, at our strong words to each other, yours written in a way that is so uniquely you.

And so the years widened the chasm.

And the choice I made presented you with the other, the resolution you made that I do not speak of to anyone.

Yet, the years were kind to me and the other.

We found similarities that I had never realised before, and it seemed that the age gap slowly closed between us, and I found myself missing and appreciating you in a way that I hadn’t had the opportunity to do so before, perhaps because I had been away when you were discovering yourself and coming of age.

I wish the three of us would come together again.

It is my wish for this year, that in the short span we may meet, I will somehow find that strength in ourselves and each other that will overcome the different paths we have taken, and that time really does make that difference.

I need to carry my secrets, the way I always have. The way I have always chosen to shield myself from the ones I love most. It is my way, and whether you agree or disagree with that, I cannot help the choices that are so inherently my own.

I know I made my mistakes.

For that I’m sorry.

But I will always love you. The both of you.

I ask for forgiveness.

That is all.
6 Responses

  1. ASSALAMUALAIKUM

    Please dear friend, come by to my space, and leave me your thought, as it is something I dearly sought.

    ___________ooOoo___________

    WHEN DARK ONE COMES

    when the dark one come,
    let not smile to tears it succumb,
    let not fear raise his arrogant thumb,
    let not love be turn to a limping lump,
    in confusion when the dark one come.

    the dark one come,
    not to bring glum,
    but notes sweeter than rum,
    something that our children could hum.

    ___________ooOoo___________
    oo(O)oo


  2. talkin abt writin to each other reminds me of The Lake House


  3. You made me want to go through my inbox.

    I don't know whether it'll make me wept or smile.


  4. Laily Says:

    maybe because we grew up, not necessarily grew apart?


  5. i'll write to you and refresh your inbox, can? (i'm trying to cheer you up here) hehehe.


Post a Comment