Wednesday 25 June 2008

Through Others

They’re so cute.

Can you really be happy for them?

Have you heard? He’s in love; giddy as a schoolboy, wholeheartedly absolutely caught up in her, and it’s so cute. Like little kids, he says. I can’t help but smile.

Why?

It makes me happy he’s happy. Even if he doesn’t think I give a shit.

I mean, I was the evil b*tch who gave up the relationship. Mental note to El, who also recently broke up with Mr D, I’ve said that so many times now that I feel very much like this image in my head of some cold hearted wretch who unemotionally and purposefully broke the heart of her partner for no reason at all.

It’s strange.

It makes me feel torn into two entities, the person I am, and the person I paint myself to be in my head. There’s an overlap, but at the moment, I’m not sure if the evil bitch is an exaggeration of sorts or someone I really am.

Love makes me happy though.

In the very least, watching the people I know find love again.

There’s a phrase; that we live vicariously through other people, that we share their hopes and fears, their tears and joy; that we live through reading and listening and watching their actions. I think that’s truer than what a lot of people think.

In the very least, I definitely feel like hearing about the happiness of others makes me a very happy person.

I guess everything happens for a reason.

Maybe it was for him to find her.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm...You're not some cold hearted wretch after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aida!!! hw r u? will put blog on my list..tk cr dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your optimism and concern for others astound me sometimes. you're truly a nice person and i honestly think you have the right heart & attitude to be in your current profession.

    i wish you all the best in love, luck and life. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel a tinge of good vibes when i see genuine people feeling genuinely happy... and the human capacity to recover

    ReplyDelete
  5. some relationships are meant to be temporary though u wish it'll last forever, and most of the time both become better grown ups and lover :P my dua sen la

    ReplyDelete