Tuesday 17 June 2008

The Phone Conversation

I don’t know what brought it on, but something definitely snapped. With every word, I could feel the walls being built, higher and higher.

It was ‘Now, now, now.’

A conversation, with no proper resolve. A conversation, which aimed for nothing more than an issue at hand, whilst the two involved probably suffered more from its aftershock.

I didn’t expect it to be that way. I didn’t expect so much frustration in that conversation; I expected time to have lessened the pain, I expected to be able to discuss things rationally, I expected to be cold civility instead of the raw aggravation.

It has been awhile, and while nothing’s been organized officially, I didn’t expect that knee jerk reaction. There was so much raw emotion in his voice, so much emphasis on his need to be free of me, and have nothing at all, not even the slightest reminder that we were once together.

So starts the systematic process of erasing me from his life.

If that’s the way you want it, so be it.

But I can’t be like that.

So give me a break, albeit a short one, while I sit for the most important exams of my life.

I will get on it.

Honest.

I’m not trying to make excuses, and I’m not trying to make you out as someone you’re not. I know you have every right to want things to be sorted out, and to remove the reminders of the time we have together. I know you have a right to be upset.

I just hoped we could talk as friends.

13 comments:

  1. exams gosh i love exams. yucks.
    miss, hang in there. hang in there : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, just let it go already. Maybe it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I hate anonymous people who leave comments about my choice of words when it really is my business what I choose to write.

    If I choose to be emotional, or to write about something that's troubling me, so be it.

    No one's forcing you to read this, Mr(s) Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Aida on this..
    Not everyone understand that blog is something personal and sometimes we share our feeling to understand it better...
    Hang in there btw exam sucks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. but you make it seems that he's the bad one, and you're the one suffering....sigh. maybe you don't have any idea how hurt is he. Just let him go, if that's the way he want......\

    p/s: No, I'm not the same anon....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if I should hazard a guess at who both Anons are. Or perhaps I know, and I don't really want to know. Sigh.

    Well, that's the whole point of a personal blog hey? I vent about my suffering, and my thoughts. I know everyone moves on at their own pace, and I did say he has every right to react the way he did.

    I just wished it was different.

    But hey, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always takes longer than you expect, makcik - hence the Hofstadter's law :)

    I guess a personal blog is no longer personal when its open to public. Which pretty much explains my lack of updates, LOL.

    Good luck for exams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know there are some people who are perfectly fine with being friends with an ex(es) after breaking up.

    unfortunately, i'm not one of them. i'm the kind of person who chooses to leave the past behind. sometimes, it's easier for me to move on by just looking forward.

    at least until i'm strong enough.

    just my humble opinion, tho.

    p/s. gluck for your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those who hurt another will never understand the pain of those being hurt. You will understand his reason as time passes by. If you really care about him,it is best that you let him go. Sometimes the best way to love/care about another is let go.

    -Anonymous 3-

    ReplyDelete
  10. these anonymous' are quite the naive, self-contradictory ones ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My oh my. I'm the first Anonymous person. I sent the first comment out of good intentions. Really. I'm sorry Aida that you're upset because of it. I didn't know it would turn out to be some kind of 'war' between the Anonymous' and Aida's friends + herself. I didn't expect there would be other Anonymous' after me. Oh well. I wish you all the best, Aida.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL this anonymous thingy is getting so kelakar!

    aida's not gonna eat u if she knows who you are laa. anonnn anonnn...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nasib ko la aida, dulu dah peringat dah, tapi rasa bagus sangat. Sekrg ambek ko.

    ReplyDelete