Sunday 23 July 2006

My Tower of Strength

Tests of character often crop up at the most unexpected of moments, and it is interesting to see how the people you love react. Sometimes there is no truer test of love than when you are left in difficult straits.

It is easy enough to love when things are going well, but not so much when things are at a weaker point.

In sickness and in health, I believe the promise was, and I was as sick as a dog those two days. So sick I could barely move, for every movement led to nauseating pain. A painful weakness of the body, for the wretched pain came in waves, and I could barely withstand crying out every time it came.

I would have been left at the mercy of my pain had he not been there for me. He fed me and cared for me, and I was reminded of every other time I no longer had the energy to do the things I needed to do, and he was there for me each and every time.

I never truly understood the meaning of a tower of strength until I was at my lowest ebbs, of body and of mind, and it is true that sometimes all you need is a person to lean on while you recover your strength. And I am beyond grateful for that.

Tests of character often crop up at the most unexpected of moments. And darling, at the moment you've passed 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment