Wednesday 17 May 2006

Exposed

Azreen's tagged me to list my 6 weirdest characteristics. Now normally I don't quite respond to these little quizzes (well, at least not publicly), but I have to admit she caught me at a weak moment. I'm bored and have nothing better to do, so here goes.

1. I am obsessive compulsive. At one point in my life, even ridiculously so. Things were so bad that I would not continue writing the same page of notes if I didn't have the same pen (for continuity). On that same note, at one point, if I made a mistake writing down my notes, I would rather copy the whole page of notes again rather than cross it out. Strange, I know, but there's the compulsion bit. Thankfully I grew out of it. There's only so much of that you can take before your hand cramps up.

2. I don't mix my food, especially with meals involving rice. I hate nasi campur, if only on the basis that they mix everything up on my plate, and not sorted out into neat little sections the way I eat my rice. I also need to have any sort of spread (jam, peanut butter, nutella) spread out evenly on my bread, without the slightest speck of white. Plus, I eat bread from it's crust inwards, in neat lines. (I know, I'm a freak).

3. I love pictures. I digitally enhance, tone and contrast every single digital photo I have in my posession, rename each one and file every one under it's own labelled event folder. God forbid someone misfile a photo, or if my computer crashes. I will cry.

4. I randomly imitate people I pass on the street. On the same note, I continue that conversation in my head. I recreate their entire personality, their lives, their loves, their hates. I write their entire life story based on an impression of mere seconds. I should really be a writer.

5. I have a wild imagination. I blame it on my mother, who told me I had a wild imagination when I was six, and it's stuck with me ever since. My favourite daydreams happen when I'm sitting in lectures. I remember having a vivid daydream about sprouting wings in the middle of my lecture (granted, this was after a couple of hours devouring every single X-Men comic I had in my posession) .

6. I'm sentimental. I've kept every single personal letter, birthday card, concert ticket and movie stub I have since the mid-1990s. I have boxes of cards that I occasionally take out and read and laugh at, especially cheesy letters from my best friends Adlina and Nat (we used to write to each other heaps those days, before e-mail came into play).

There you go. I've exposed for the freakier side of me. Enjoy.

On another note, my exams are coming up in two weeks. It's going to be tough, and scary, and intimidating, and I can only hope I'll be able to meet expectations. I guess it's time to put my nose to the grindstone and say goodbye to the good times for the moment. Here's to first semester memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment