Monday 8 April 2019

Be My Eyes

Sometimes it's the most mundane conversations - today I received a call from a lady asking to identify the shampoo and conditioner that she had bought, and it just struck me that sometimes it's the very simple things that could make such a big difference. 

What if you could have a physical identifier for all shampoo bottles, for instance, that would differentiate them from the identically shaped conditioner bottle? 

There are small things that could make differences to differently abled communities, and wouldn't necessarily need much changes. 

We often take our lives for granted, the physical and mental gifts that we are given; and just like Sheryl Sandberg in her own realization of the struggles that everyday women went through in their pregnancy, we all take for granted how things are supposed to be. 

We assume that others should conform to a medium, instead of trying to make a world for everyone. 

When I first joined the app, I thought I would do it just to help some people out, but I'm learning so much from it than I ever expected, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment