Wednesday 7 February 2018

Call me Unkind

So the first thing he does on waking up is call me unkind.

I know he hasn't been sleeping well, and I know that he's in pain, but pain has twisted his body and twisted his mind into a husk of a man that I once loved.

There's barely an expression on his face as he calls me that, barely an thought of how it might have hurt me.

I'm already numb.

The words just become another statement said careless that hurt, another in a string of statements that hurt.

"I'm sharing my thoughts with you, and trying to be as honest as I can."

Why are your thoughts so negative? Why are they filled with anger, and hatred, masked in the most neutral of tones?

I was able to keep a up a mask the first time, the second time, and the third - but now I've started building a wall, one brick at a time so I can no longer feel the hurt when he insults me.

To what extent should I keep at this?

2 comments:

  1. Things happened (things like matrimonial.. or such). This is life, like it or not. Tommorow is a mystery.

    At this point, if one think that like is a story.. then, perhaps it help to look at it as an adventure. O yeah. You'll never know whats coming. but sure is fun to be in an adventure.

    #roleeyes
    #moveon
    #advicecautious

    ReplyDelete
  2. *life is a story..

    ReplyDelete