Wednesday 15 November 2017

Morning Drives

Two years ago I would have been driving from Segamat to Muar at this time, in my daily commute to work. 

I remember how misty Segamat could get in the mornings, and how dark and peaceful it was when I left the house at 630. The town would still be asleep, only starting to stir, and I enjoyed the peacefulness of those mornings. 

I still remember the winding country roads, passing through oil palm plantations and small kampungs, and driving through shaded groves as the sun eventually rose and brightened the day. 

The rising of the sun was my favorite part of the day; watching how the light would change the landscape of the world. 

 These days, the drive is shorter but more hectic, but my favorite part of the day still hasn’t changed. I still look forward to seeing the sun rise, and these days as I’m just leaving the house, I get an amazing view of the Twin Towers silhouette in the far distance in a variety of sunrises, and there have been some beautiful ones. 

We all have our routines, but it’s so important to find pleasure in the little things as your day is beginning, and it will colour the rest of your day. 

Find your little pleasures, and always consciously be grateful for them. 

It’s a great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment