Wednesday 6 September 2017

A Moment of Silence

The moon is almost full tonight.

The whole road is bathed in light; so calm, a stark contrast from the busy goings of the day..

I could sit here and watch the moon for awhile, feeling the wind on my face as I listen to the sounds of the night. There’s still crickets in the middle of KL, in that patch of grass right up the road. I spot the same family of foxes - a mama fox and three babies taking a night walk across the walls of the neighbour’s house.

It’s so quiet tonight, barely any noise except for the occasional car driving by, or the soft hum of a nearby generator. I feel my thoughts forming, and I let them go, just keeping my head empty from thought and enjoying the silence. From a busy day at work, with the constant noise surrounding me, to the conversations of people and the cries of children, it’s easy to be accustomed to noise - and I didn’t realize how much noise I was accustomed to until I sat in silence..

There’s something calming about just sitting like this, still in my work clothes right outside the house, watching the moon, and listening to the night. It helps reconnect my thoughts, helps me centre myself again..

Sometimes we all need a bit of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment