Wednesday 21 September 2016

Sunrise

I tried to look at the sunrise but despite the clouds., the sun itself shining in between the cracks was still too bright for me to look directly at it. I waited a minute until it went behind the cloud, and streaked the sky with its golden and red hues as it made its ascent, casting a golden sheen over the blue waters of the island.

I felt the warmth on my face and I felt it warm my heart.

I marveled at how such a simple thing could bring me joy, as I found myself smiling at the colours in the sky, in the simple pleasure of the beauty before me. 

It is a sight I often see as I'm stuck in traffic to work, and one that never fails to remind me of my blessings, 

Maybe just a sunrise to some, but to me, it is a reminder, and a welcome one.

No comments:

Post a Comment