Wednesday 23 December 2015

Unusual Holiday Preparation

Mama always complained that dad was a very casual man about things, but he did have certain habits that he thought were important.

Before we left for our vacation, dad took my sister aside and briefed her where everything was - insurance documents, land grants et cetera; just in case anything happened. I think it was a habit he picked up when he first left for Haj, to ensure that things would be smooth in any eventuality.

I have to admit - the first time I heard him do that, I was a bit taken aback. No one ever wants to think of the worst when you leave for a holiday; of the possibility that trip may be the last time you see your loved ones - and it some ways, it made adulthood seem so much more real.

It seemed almost paranoid in a way,with plane crashes and accidents becoming a mainstay in daily news, but I think he just wanted to prepare us for any possible outcomes, especially since we were all girls in the family.
 
It's not the first time he's done it, but it's a reminder that we should always be prepared for the eventuality that we might return to our Maker at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment