Tuesday 26 May 2015

Thank you MAS

With the impending closure of MAS, it will be an emotional end to many of us who have flown with our national carrier, with hopes for improvements in the future.

I had to share these words by William Cheah, who said it so much better than I could ever say.

"MAS has always been a favourite of mine. Maybe because we were born in the same year. Maybe because it has always been our national flag bearer for so long. Maybe it's even because of the uniform.

It saddens me to know the final closure of the door is so near and inevitable. And after such recent disasters suffered last year.

But admittedly, it has always been ailing financially with the exception of certain short phases in this last decade. So maybe it's time to close the door and open a new one. 

For those of you who may have to leave after serving MAS and our nation for so long, you have my heartfelt thanks and gratitude. I know many of you live and breathe MAS and this transition will not be easy. I do sincerely wish all the best to you and may your journey onwards be a new adventure tempered with good fortune and wisdom learned.

I won't know your name or your face. But rest assured your effort will not be forgotten. The part you played in bringing Malaysian hospitality across the world will always be legendary. Individually, it may not have been a huge part but without you, the whole world would not have been as great. You were the ones who made the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

And most of all, I would like to tell you that there is no shame in this for you. You made us proud even in the worst of times. You were there for us when we needed you. To carry us to a new adventure when wanderlust possessed us and back home when homesickness became unbearable. 

And in moving forward, I appeal to all those who can, to offer what opportunity possible to these few who deserve it. Or to at least help ease the journey of those that you know who are going through this trial. 

 I wish I had asked your name the last time I flew MAS. I wished I had smiled and said thank you in return when I left the flight all grumpy after a hard day. There are many things I should have done. Small little things.

And so before the end and it's too late, Thank You to all at MAS. May we meet one day again in happier and better times. 

Thank you for flying with us. Welcome home."

No comments:

Post a Comment