Wednesday 31 December 2014

Happy New Year

2014 has been a rough year for Malaysia. 

Between the loss of MH370, having MH17 shot down and the worst floods in our history, with over 24000 victims, it’s a year that has seen Malaysians united in the tragedies of our country. 

On a personal note, it has been a rough year as well. 

I went through trials that I would have normally walked away from, and somehow found the strength to wait through patiently for the storms to subside and for sun to shine. I found ways to weather heartache and smile through the darkest days, and found peace in trusting myself and trusting my heart. 

Perhaps age does bring some wisdom after all. 

I am thankful for the many blessings I have had in my life; from the friends and family who have anchored me when I’ve needed it most, and filled my life with laughter and love. For the health and ease of my life, and for the opportunity to serve in a job I love. For still being able to see the world through optimistic eyes, and still find pleasure in waking up every day. 

Hoping 2015 is filled with rainbows and sunshine, and that we all emerge stronger from the tragedies our country has had to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment