Wednesday 4 December 2013

My Heart Refuses to Acknowledge What My Mind Knows

It’s in the middle of the night and I’m thinking about you. 

I’m wondering how you are and if you’re thinking about me. I’m wondering how absolutely illogical it seems to miss your presence so badly, even if I just saw you a little while ago. I’m wondering if distance will break this relationship. I miss you with a depth that I cannot understand. 

My logical mind tells me that it is nothing, that we will soon be reunited in a matter of a week, that there are others in the world who go through longer periods without their hearts desires, but my heart does not understand the rational of my mind. 

So I lie awake at night, staring at my phone, wondering how you are, like a lovesick teenager. 

Times like this, it takes up all my energy trying not to miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment