Wednesday 8 May 2013

Void

“You shouldn’t let me get used to this.” 

“Used to what?” 

“This – having you here for me every single time I need you. Somehow you just know that at the end of the day you’re the only one that I want to see.” 

“Let me pamper you every once in awhile. After all, we don’t know how long we have until I go.” She laughed quietly as she lay her head on his chest.

“Yeah, leaving me with a void that I won’t know how to fill.” 

“You don’t have to fill that void. Voids are unfillable things by nature. If you try to replace something just for the sake of filling a void, it will never be exactly what you want it to be – and then you’ll hurt yourself and everyone else in the process.” 

"So.. I should just walk around with a hole in my heart?” 

“I’m not leaving you baby. Not until somehow we decide that our stories have come to an end.” 

They were both in denial. Both holding on to a moment that was drawing to a close, neither one wanting to face the fact that an ending was very near.

He was so quiet she almost missed his whisper. “But who decides?”

No comments:

Post a Comment