Wednesday 22 May 2013

Change

The streets are filled with protestors screaming for change. 

I don’t know how to feel.
 
I suppose some would call me apathetic to the need for revolution. 

I don’t know. 

Like most other people, I believe in the fight to strive for something better – but that’s not what I see. I see people wanting change. Any change, it seems, as long as there is change. 

I don’t believe that all change is good. I believe that change should happen in a controlled manner. Slow. Steady. 

I believe that everyone has a cause to fight for, but at a point where the fight has come to an end, I believe that everyone should band together to work for betterment. While I think protests have a time and place, I think at some point that energy could be put aside to work collectively towards unity. I believe in channeling such energy towards positive change, not incitement of hatred. 

Cause and effect. You can already see ripples of change – for better or worse I do not know, but emotions are running high and no one seems to recognize that it might be time to rein in the flames and channel the fire to where it’s needed. 

The idealist within wants to die. 

Sometimes all I see is a bunch of rabble rousers.

No comments:

Post a Comment