Wednesday 5 December 2012

Bleeding Love

I didn’t expect to find you – not the way I did. I still find it hard to believe, these mornings when I watch you sleep – you would look absolutely angelic if it wasn’t for the drool at the corner of your lips. It always makes me smile, how wonderfully imperfect you are, and how despite all those imperfections I cannot help but love you the way I do. 

I used to have lists, of traits that my partners had to have. 

Needless to say, there are a lot of traits that are now missing from that list, but things that we could both probably work on. 

I used to guard my heart with iron locks, but I guess somehow you pickpocketed your way through. Sometimes I think you may have accidentally unlocked the bars that kept me from loving without even realizing what it is you’ve truly done. 

I don’t know what we are. I don’t know if we have a future. 

We are so different, in so many ways. 

But there are times, when I see you watching me with the love of the world in your eyes, and I know that you are worth the gamble. 

Even if nothing bears fruit, you’re absolutely worth bleeding for.

2 comments:

  1. I've been a silent reader for years. You are an amazing writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I appreciate the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete