Wednesday 15 August 2012

Exhaustion

It’s that point of the night where exhaustion hits. Just whack, right there, smack across your face, and as much as you’d like to shake it off, it somehow manages to resist the lure of chocolate and other semi-caffeinated substances, and as much as you’d like to say, “Damn, I’ve got work-“, you’ll realize that despite the best of your self-control, you will reach those limits of energy. 

I’ve had moments on night shifts where it feels like dragging yourself out of bed is the biggest chore in the world, and I’ve had some semi-hilarious moments where I’ve somehow managed to work through the exhaustion, only to realize that the entire clerking that you’ve done with your patient has somehow had some strange new additions that make very little sense to the entire story. 

Exhaustion does do that. 

It plays strange tricks on your mind. After averaging 3 hours of sleep over the past four or five days, it feels like all that lag is finally catching up with me. 


Damn, I’m getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment