Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Finishing Waltz

Its’ you and me, in this dance, age old. So familiar, so different – only this time my heart isn’t involved and I’m able to play this game with the detachment of a spectator, smiling when my cues are up as I dance this elaborate dance with you. 

You know this time I won’t get involved. 

You will court and I will allow the courting, up to a stage when I feel that the courtship has turned into something unsustainable, a compilation of clichés and hollow words that cease to mean anything past a certain level of comfort. The dance will falter and we will valiantly pick up the rhythm once again, only to realize that perhaps, neither one of us was a very good dancer after all. 

And like how all dances start, this dance too, will end.

3 comments:

  1. It's not how good you danced, it's that one moment, fleeting as it was, when everything felt possible. That's the reason most of us keep dancing, really.

    Beautifully written, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dance - sometimes you just want to dance forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dance - sometimes you just want to dance forever.

    ReplyDelete