Wednesday 26 January 2011

On A Day Like Today

I met you on a day like this, with overcast skies and a week's worth of rain.

Perhaps the rain blinded me to reality for I failed to see the facets of you who made you who you are. I could only see an image of a person who I wanted you to be, but you were not that person. You were yourself, beautiful and imperfect, but I was looking for perfection, and I thought I found it in you.

Life has a way of peeling away those scales from your eyes, and invariably I learnt to love you - the true you underneath that vision that I thought I saw, and in the same way, I learnt that perhaps there were things between us that would not come to be, as much as I wanted them to - as much as we wanted them to.

It was very much on a day like this that I met you, with overcast skies and a week's worth of rain. 

Perhaps it was an omen of things to be.

I said goodbye to you on a day like this, with overcast skies and a week's worth of drizzle.
 
The sun does not shine for us today. 

3 comments:

  1. He was so benevolent, so merciful a man that, in his mistaken passion, he would have held an umbrella over a duck in a shower of rain. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  2. how were you able to find time to write such a beautiful piece while backpacking through south east asia my dearest makcik? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I'll tell you a secret Azreen - it's called timed posts. Most of my blog posts are pre-written and scheduled to appear on Wednesdays and Sundays. :)

    ReplyDelete