Wednesday 22 December 2010

Holding On to Love

Sometimes your heart loves someone but your mind won't let you. And sometimes you want to love someone but you're not able to.

Such is the dilemma of someone who thinks too much and has a tendency to overanalyze everything.

In the past, I have had moments where I have been rash and impulsive, and in those instances I have made decisions that were nothing short of disastrous. I overthink things now, overclocking my brain into thnking things that perhaps, don't need to be thought at all.

A friend of mine once told me to relax, and perhaps it is sage advice.

My insecurities are my own, and the process of rebuilding my confidence and dealing with my trust issues is a work in progress, but if I do not let go, my neuroses will probably destroy every single relationship in my life.

Perhaps it is time to apply the principles of taking one day at a time into other more important issues.

I believe Shakespeare was right when he said it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I owe so much to those that I have loved and lost.

I'm crossing my fingers that one day I'll actually be able to hold on to love instead.

5 comments:

  1. "Sometimes your heart loves someone but your mind won't let you. And sometimes you want to love someone but you're not able to."

    I agree but I prefer not to love then lost because the pain of losing is so unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words do have power and if said with meaning and depth, they convey the intentions, emotions and feelings.

    The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds and that's what love have given me.

    Have faith Aida and soon you'll find yours eventually .AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  3. love is like money.

    you hold it tight, it'll either stay there, used to buy other things u love, or lost along the way and u cant remember how. either way, its just fate.

    you keep it in a safe bank, it'll grow with dividens. less risk of losing, and better chance of better financial plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hving love n losing it.. so painful...doesnt matter how long u were in love losing it is painful...
    i loved this guy.... maybe still do.... he left....(its a long story)
    i knew him just for 2 months... n to lose him was so painful... i wasted my year... n hope next year will be better..
    but i realise it all depends on me..
    if i want to continue missing him... then i am at lost...
    i need to get up n realise life is better off without him...
    n that i do hv a life... yet
    words r easier said... actions are harder...
    i only see myself falling...
    i can hope n hv faith that it will be better..

    i wish u too will hope n still hv faith... it will come my dear... love will come... just give it some time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. been digging your old entries sebab dah lama tak baca yours

    anyway honestly, this is how exactly i feel at the moment.. mind if i share this entry in my blog? :)

    ReplyDelete